Schreiben

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas Memories


Happy Birthday to my daddy! Posted by Hello

Dad always made holidays much more special with his flair for cooking, his chipper attitude and most of all, him being just a bit of a kid himself. Today is December 21, it would have been Dad's 74th birthday. Every Christmas on Dad's birthday, we would all get together to decorate the tree. Pam, Kathy and I would bake and we would buy eggnog and sing Christmas songs. Steve, Billy and I would go and get the tree. (Steve used to be very picky about his tree.) Right as we were about to take a family photo in front of the tree, it would always fall over from Mom having decorated only one side. This is my favorite family tradition and one that we are keeping still.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger lizap11 said…

    Thanks guys...I still love hearing other people's memories of my dad. I like keeping his memory clear and close to me.
    Carol, I am sorry, but I know Leroy has the capability to cheat and I suspect you have that quiet shy but guilty look about you.
    Angelo, you saw clearly the picture of Christmas past...Leroy however did have his job...to keep us laughing. I also could be over-exaggerating my role in this, but this is my blog and I can be the hero here. What the hell.
    Adele, what are "blond" chiles?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home